FLSA Status: Salaried, Exempt
Here’s an overview of the Senior Graphic Designer we’re looking for.
All right, potential future Senior Graphic Designer. Let’s talk specifics.
Under the supervision and purview of the Creative/Production Director, our Senior Graphic Designer will work with clients (or potential clients) and the West Edge Collective team to assist in executing design goals.
The best Senior Graphic Designer for us will enthusiastically seek new and updated industry information as it relates to graphic design, design trends and software, which will allow them to best interpret our clients’ needs and to design solutions with a high visual impact. They will have a passion for personal growth, be a self starter with an eye for attention to detail, and have a unique, creative vision to compose fresh and exciting designs.
Our ideal Senior Graphic Designer will ensure that each one of their assigned designs adheres to the quality that West Edge Collective demands.
Ultimately, we want a Senior Graphic Designer who will contribute to our “team ego” and to the one-of-a-kind culture of West Edge Collective, executing work that represents both the agency and our desire to stand out in the industry.
What does a Senior Graphic Designer do at West Edge Collective?
- Work on a variety of products – often several at one time – including logos and brands, websites, stationery, brand collateral, magazines, product packaging, exhibits, corporate identity, motion graphics for videos, etc.
- Work closely with our Marketing team to ensure that West Edge Collective quality is achieved on each project
- Adapt to quickly changing parameters in what can sometimes be a highly fluid and dynamic situation. (i.e., thinking on your toes is pretty important around here)
- Take direction from Creative/Production Director concerning designs and design choices
- Think creatively to produce new ideas / concepts and develop action-inducing designs
- Work with a range of media and keep up to date with emerging technologies
- Work as part of a team with printers, copywriters, photographers, videographers, stylists, illustrators, other designers, account executives, web developers and marketing specialists
- Assist in graphic design and design production work, and other duties as assigned
Required experience / education:
Our ideal candidate will, of course, have a passion and enthusiasm for graphic design… because why else would you be doing what you do, right? We’re looking for someone with a strong desire to learn and grow as a creative professional; someone with a creative and artistic eye; someone with strong attention to detail, and someone with an advanced knowledge of creative software.
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in graphic design
- Expert-level experience in Adobe Creative Cloud design software
- Intermediate experience creating motion graphics in After Effects
- Flexible approach when working in a team
- Excellent communication, time management, organization and presentation skills
- Confidence to explain and sell ideas to the Creative/Production Director, team members and potential clients
- Ability to successfully balance multiple projects at one time
- Accuracy and attention to detail when finalizing designs
- Being open to feedback and willing to make changes to designs
- Ability to estimate time required to complete work and provide accurate input to create quotes for clients
- Experience creating design briefs that suit each client’s purpose
- Experience proofreading to produce accurate, high-quality work
- Ability to demonstrate illustrative skills through rough sketches
- Experience with reviewing designs for prepress errors before printing or publishing
- Ability to plan concepts by studying information and materials
- Ability to illustrate concepts by designing a rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts
- Preferred degree, or equivalent work experience, in graphic design or visual arts.
If all of the above sounds like your dream job… hey, that’s fantastic! We should definitely talk more. Application submission are due Friday, June 1, 2018.