FLSA Status: Salaried, Exempt
People know you as a “builder”—a natural planner with a brilliant mind for detail and near-effortless ability to coordinate and streamline a million moving pieces.
In your role at West Edge Collective, you’ll be one of our most important hubs of information. Clients will look to you for all the latest updates on the status of their projects; our internal project team will rely on you to communicate deadlines, keep project timelines accurate, and ensure they have all the information they need to deliver projects on time, on budget, and in line with client expectations.
All those times people have made fun of you for your obsession with to-do lists, color-coded Post-Its, and planners? It’s about to pay off.
Being part of the Collective means being part of something special—a rare opportunity to be part of the growth of an organization full of people who are passionate about being here, excited about our work, and committed to creating the kind of company we’ve always wanted to work for.
If you’ve been feeling that pull lately to be part of “something bigger,” let’s talk about what makes you a great fit for our team.
Overall Position Purpose
Create the perfect fusion of client expectations/needs and our internal team’s passion and creativity, resulting in the delivery of projects that make our clients happy and our internal resources proud.
Through the combination of precise attention to detail and strong communication/information management skills, you’ll stretch your arms wide to wrap around the entire life cycle of multiple projects.
Scope of Authority
As an Agile Project Manager, you drive the implementation of strategy and tactics throughout the lifecycle of multiple projects. Through collaboration with our internal project team, you’ll determine the best way to meet each client’s expectations and create a top-notch product that’s delivered on time, on budget and within the project’s defined scope.
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of client, campaign and project information in our agency management system, Workamajig.
- Manage the execution of projects to meet their scope of work, timeline, and client requirements
- Work with our Marketing Operations Team to prioritize the needs of all clients, as well as what tasks/projects internal team members should be working on at any given time
- Lead project and resourcing stand-up meetings
- Ensure all project and client management systems are set up and maintained properly
- Use Workamajig data to actively understand inefficiencies and efficiencies in projects, then determine ways to streamline process
- Strong ability to multitask and self-prioritize work
- Understanding of marketing and creative processes
- Desire to understand the operational blueprint
- Ability to make decisions quickly
- Detail oriented, micro-task focused, and flexible
Project and Resource Management
- Own the execution of client work, from start to finish
- Ensure all projects and their associated task information live in Workamajig for team members to refer to as they complete assigned work
- Determine scope and timing of projects based on client needs and internal resource availability
- Create project plans based on scope of work, growth workshops and growth sprints
- Manage “scope creep” on projects, as well as perform any required re-scoping and/or change orders
- Review due dates and to do’s daily, then pose questions to marketing managers regarding information, timeline and relevance
- Manage the client intake process from “opportunity” phase to “active” client or project phase
- Serve as project gatekeeper in terms of timeline, availability and finalized scope
- Work with internal team to estimate budget/scope for potential new projects and client work
- Review all deliverables submitted internally to ensure they align with client expectations and project spec sheets
- Schedule internal client meetings and collaborate with Client Relations and Marketing Managers to coordinate any client-facing meetings
- Document meeting notes and communicate them in an actionable format for internal team within 24 hours
- Actively reviews data to understand how the team is performing in relation to budget, scope and deadlines.
- Provide reporting and insight upon each project’s completion
- Facilitate and document all purchase orders and outside resources
The Stuff That Really Matters
Not only do you love and live for lists and organization, you also thrive in taking care of all the details, checking items off your to-do list, and serving as a “hub” of reliable, accurate project information for both our internal team and our clients.
Our ideal Agile Project Manager also:
- Adapts well to a fast-past, quick-changing environment
- Can balance the ability to prioritize a client needs while championing a happy, healthy work environment
- Work day-to-day between teams with a solutions-focused mind
- Believes in good ole’ fashioned hard work
- Isn’t afraid to have a strong opinion and voice for doing what is right, not what is convenient
- Doesn’t have to know it all, but is willing to learn, change and adapt
- Has a desire for a career that complements a fulfilling home life
- Owns the ability to call “BS” on a teammate, supervisor or owner
- Feels a desire to connect to that piece of you that wants to be part of something special
Experience / Education
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience with project or marketing management
- Experience with project management systems (familiarity with Workamajig a plus)
- Experience with collaborative software packages, such as Google for Business and Slack
- Understanding of CRM systems
- Proven ability to understand project scope as it relates to supportability, scalability and repeatability, and understanding the business impact to the agency and the clients
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree or strong experience in business management, operations, marketing, project planning or other related field
Applications due July 8th, position open until filled