FLSA Status: Salaried, Exempt
Here’s an overview of the Videographer / Video Editor we’re looking for.
All right, potential future Videographer/Video Editor. Let’s talk specifics.
Under the supervision and purview of the Creative/Production Director, our Videographer/Video Editor will work with clients (or potential clients) and the West Edge Collective team to understand our clients’ video goals, then plan, execute, edit, and deliver video media. Our Videographer/Video Editor will be extensively involved with all aspects of the creation of video content for clients and for internal West Edge use.
We want someone with a deep desire and passion for videography, coupled with a creative, artistic eye who loves to tell great stories. The successful Videographer/Video Editor will have a passion for personal growth, be a self starter with an eye for attention to detail, and have creative vision to compose fresh and exciting content. They will constantly help discover and define efficient workflows and enthusiastically seek new, updated industry information as it relates to video, motion graphics, photography, software, and equipment.
Although shoots can be planned and structured, the most successful Videographer/Video Editor must be able to adapt to changing parameters in what can often be a highly fluid and dynamic situation. They should also have the ability to film anywhere, at any time, in and and out of doors.
The ultimate goal of our Videographer/Video Editor is to to prepare, plan and execute video and photography solutions that not only fulfill client expectations, but also contribute to a “team ego” and to the culture of West Edge Collective. They should be as passionate as we are about executing work that represents our clients and our desire to stand out in the industry.
What does a Videographer / Video Editor do at West Edge Collective?
- Maintain all equipment relating to video/photography production, including repair, selection, research, updates, charging, cleaning, organizing, etc.
- Maintain a critical eye for technical quality control of the images obtained to the final product, ensuring it adheres to the quality that West Edge Collective demands
- Assist with the preparation of scope, estimates of work, visioning, and creation of storyboards and shot lists
- Arrange equipment needs for individual shoots
- Coordinate with rental houses for equipment procurement
- Research and scout for shot locations
- Aid in determining number of production crew
- Keep all previous mentioned work within scope and vision
- Knowledge and operation of all equipment used, including but not limited to cameras, lenses, sound recorders, dollies, gimbals, tripods, slider, wireless audio and mics, lighting, etc.
- Understanding of lighting techniques to set mood needed for production
- Execute the predetermined plan for video/photography shoots
- Film in a manner that adheres to the structured storyboard
- Take direction from the Creative/Production Director during video and photography shoots
- Ability to give creative input on set
- Ingest video files into appropriate file organization system, including adding all meta data
- Assemble rough cuts of video projects for review
- Execute high-quality color correction of all video projects
- Take direction from Creative/Production Director concerning editing and color correction choices
- Implement video graphics supplied by the design team members
Required experience / education:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in videography, motion graphics, photography and editing
- Advanced-level experience in Adobe Creative Cloud video editing software
- Intermediate-level experience in creating motion graphics in After Effects
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail when finalizing projects
- Experience consulting with clients on video projects
- Expert creative vision to compose fresh and exciting video/photography content
- Ability to address a wide range of clients’ complex video problems and propose viable solutions
- Preferred degree or diploma in film or media study, cinematography, production
- Expert knowledge of equipment used in film making, or related experience
Applications due July 8th, position open until filled