Digital Marketing in Wyoming – Does it Work?
Your new website is up and…nobody seems to care.
You wouldn’t throw a party and expect people to show up without sending any invitations. So why would you launch a new website without telling anyone and expect potential customers to flock there? Its really not that people don’t care, they simply don’t know that they should care. In other words, they have no idea what they are missing out on, you have to let them know. You have put a lot of time and effort into writing, developing, and designing a new website, don’t make the mistake of letting this powerful tool go unnoticed. So how do you help the right people find you? Digital marketing, that’s how.
Digital marketing works, seriously!
It’s a bit of a trick question, “Can digital marketing work in Wyoming?” It’s kind of like asking, “Is Wyoming Connected?” Not connected to the mob, connected to the internet. So, I start by asking in a different way, “Are you connected?” Meaning, do you have a connected device (smart phone, tablet, watch, smart car, smart tv, blah blah, you get the point…)? When was the first time you looked at your phone today? My guess is, right when you woke up this morning? And since almost 80% of Wyoming’s Population are internet users, chances are — your friends, family, coworkers, and even competitors all did the same thing. Were you checking your schedule, verifying the weather, or spying on friends or colleagues using social media? If so, every interaction with your mobile device is another opportunity for savvy marketers to interact with and track you via various digital channels.
80% of Wyoming's Population are internet users
So, what is digital marketing?
The Wikipedia Definition for digital marketing is lengthy. Without a lot of reading and technical terms, it means to use digital technology to acquire and keep customers. There are new channels and tactics being developed everyday, but the image below tries to condense the primary approaches or channels to digital marketing.
All digital marketing tools serve a different purpose. Lets take a look at the main four:
Search Engine Marketing (SEM), or paid search, is the process of gaining visibility and traffic from search engines through paid efforts, which commonly take the form of pay-per-click (PPC) ads.
- Your ads are viewed when and where your target audience is looking for what you have to offer.
- Through Google Adwords, you can drive real traffic to your website. Not just any traffic, but relevant traffic.
- Results are quick, unlike SEO which takes time to cultivate.
- You decide your budget and a smart strategy can be devised to make the most out of that budget.
- SEM strategies can be extremely granular and targeted, again driving relevant traffic.
- SEM is trackable, adjustments to tactics can be made in real time.
Marketing across social media networks like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn and more.
- Encourage users to share content, participate in discussions, and engage in real time.
- A great way to connect with your customers.
- Allows you to share organic content with your followers, many social media networks offer the opportunity to reach new potential customers through paid advertising.
The process of affecting the visibility of a website’s ranking in organic search results.
- Your target audience is looking at organic search results at the top of the first page, the time it takes to get the SEO juices flowing in your website is worthwhile.
- The inbound nature of SEO is cost-efficient, as opposed to outbound marketing, like cold calling.
- In turn, SEO practices actually improve your website’s user experience, a win-win.
- Seo provides trackable, quantifiable results.
Marketing your products or services to your target audience via email.
- A low cost, quick, easy way to market your products or services.
- Fast results that are easy to track.
- Ability to personalize, including by purchase and browsing history.
Is digital marketing for me and my business?
- Do you want to drive traffic to your website?
- Do you want to invest in marketing strategies that are trackable, and therefore informative to your strategy?
- Are your customers online?
- Do you want cost effective marketing solutions?
- Do you want to personalize the experience of your current and potential customers?
- Are you tired of throwing spaghetti at the wall with traditional marketing efforts?
- Is the Pope Catholic?